suyu spring on Flickr.
Point by point today;
- I took this picture of someone I used to know. Six years later I feel the people behind her were more interesting. Funny how likes and dislikes change.
- This is the second last of the usable print discoveries. After tomorrow I’ll be back to scouring my Japanese and Canadian pictures looking for something I missed over the last two hundred or so images I posted up so far on Flickr and Tumblr.
- No body cares about my non-Japanese stuff anyway. I think that’s sad.
- I noticed that Flickr has a million and one groups for Japan and maybe two and a half for everywhere else. That gives me fewer places to show my images like this. I guess PSY-mania didn’t expand the Korean groups any.
- On Flickr, I just put the geo-location in the rough center of an area and dump all pictures in there. That’s why my Halifax photos all appear to been taken under water.
- If I ever create a webservice, I’m going to break with tradition and include the final vowel.
- Applying for a job in South Korea takes faaarrrrrr longer now than it used to when I was there. Mind you, when I was there you just showed up and showed them your white skin. Now those are credentials I have in abundance but they’re no longer enough. Now I need to convince them I’m secretly twenty-five years old as well.
- Just before a job interview I had with a potential employer last month, I was told by the recruiter, “Don’t talk about your work experience.” Use that as you will.
- Something on my mind is the question of what to pack. Job clothes. Casual clothes. Cameras. Laptop. Pepcid AC for my tummy of evil. All of that, but not enough suitcases. I might have to buy or borrow one.
- Assuming things don’t come crashing down around me. I wrote something a while back about taking nothing for granted.
- De la Soul emailed me their music yesterday. That was nice of them since the last time I bought their stuff it was on a format called a “CD”. I like their Before The Year 2000 a bit more because their later stuff seems to have been killed in the Loudness Wars and is hard to listen to without turning it way down. I want to be funkdafied, not given a headache.
- I’ve been playing around with the times I post up my pictures for maximum eyeballs before things get scrolled beyond people’s patience to seek it out. It seems that early evening and early morning Atlantic time works best.
- I might have to start getting out of bed before 9:30.